BLAIS GATHERING 2018 -
ÎLe d'Orléans (18E)
« Where it all started in North America »
Following his arrival on May 25, 1664, Pierre Blais passed his first years as an “Engaged” person on the island of Orléans. He married Anne Perrot on October 12, 1669, in Sainte-Famille Parish. According to the 1681 census, he had a 15-arpent lot, 4 horned cattle … And so thus began our history in North America.
Our Association’s mission is to identify, protect and transmit that which we received.
It is through this loyalty to the richest and most profound values that Blais pride faces its past, its present and its confidence in the future generations.
To bridge the past and the future, we must be an active and efficient conveyor so that future Blais generations remember the foundations of our history in North America. This is how the Blais family patrimony will be preserved, will grow and will be enriched.
A HISTORICAL GATHERING
Where it all started
In several ways, the 2018 gathering will honor events and happenings that were an integral part of Blais history on North American soil.
- Pierre Blais is the first Blais; he settled on the island of Orléans.
- The first gathering of the “Association des Blais d’Amérique” took place on the island in 2000.
- The monument signaling our origins is in Saint-Jean, Île d’Orléans
- The Parc des Ancêtres, the Maison de nos Aïeux and the Maison Drouin are also interesting commemoration sites located in the Sainte-Famille Parish, where our ancestor Pierre Blais wed Anne Perrot in 1669.
- When crossing the island by the Route du Mitan, we reach Saint-Jean Parish where our ancestors were born and stayed before scattering across Québec, Canada and the United States.
At the end of a memorable day, we will have had the pleasure of joining with friends and cousins, brothers and sisters and many others of the great Blais family.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Normand Blais M-253, Coordinator of the 2018 gathering
Ulric-Turcotte Community Center
Hébergement - SUR L'ILE
490, côte du Pont Saint-Pierre-de-l’Île-d’Orléans
(Québec) G0A 4E0 Téléphone sans frais: 1 866 941 9411 ou
418 828-9411 Courriel: email@example.com
Gîte au Toit Bleu, 418 829-1078
Gîte du Mitan, 418 829-3492
Hébergement - À PROXIMITÉ
HÔTEL ECONO LODGE MONTMORENCY 5490, boul. Ste-Anne, Boischatel
(Qc) G0A 1H0 Téléphone : 418 822-4777 Sans frais : 1 877 922-4777
CAMPING TURMEL 7000, boul. Ste-Anne, Château-Richer (Qc) G0A 1N0
Tél : 418 824-4311 www.campingturmel.com/
HOTEL-MOTEL LE REGENT, 3806, boulevard Sainte-Anne
Québec, QC G1E 3M3 418-663-1608 / 1-877-663-1608 www.leregent.ca/fr/
8:00 - 10:30
Greeting and registration
10:30 - 11:00
Travel by bus to the island
(various sites to see along the way –
accompanying guide available)