Become a member
Benefits of being a member
- Journal des Blais 3 times a year
- Blais ancestry on photo paper provided upon request ($5.00 fee)
- Access to a genealogical help service
- Reduced rate for Association activities
- Right to speak and vote at Association member meetings
- Automatic entry in an annual draw for a one-year membership free of charge when a member sends in questions, comments or texts to be published in the Journal des Blais
- Easier sending of genealogical data for inclusion in the Blais d'Amérique data base
- Easy purchase of Association promotional items and historical publications
- Great feeling of belonging to the Blais family: share findings, put words, faces and emotions on our history
- ABOVE ALL, BEING A MEMBER PERPETUATES OUR ANCESTOR’S MEMORY!
- Regular member: $30.00 / year CAN or U.S.
- Association member: $30.00 / year CAN or U.S. (anyone not a direct or by marriage descendant of the ancestor Pierre Blais).
- Spouse member: Half of the annual membership fee of regular or associate members, i.e. $15.00 / year CAN or U.S. Spouse members have the same rights and privileges as regular members (right to speak and vote at meetings); being a full-fledged member increases the spouse’s feeling of belonging to the Blais family. Finally, spouse members pay the "member fee" for Association activities, such as the annual meetings. However, spouse members do not receive the Journal des Blais.
- Charitable member ($150.00): any member, either a regular, associate or spouse one, who gives to the Association within a period of three (3) consecutive years a cumulative amount of money equal to five (5) times the amount of the annual fees of a regular member for the current year in which this member obtains the charitable member title. The acknowledgement «Charitable member» will be written on his membership card.
- Life member: $600.00 CAN or U.S. (always equivalent to 20 times the regular annual membership fee). An acknowledgement "Life member" will be given; no further annual fee will be required from such a member and any further sum of money given to the Association will be considered a donation.
P.S. Membership is for 12 months, beginning from the month in which a person registers.